This is an outdoor session where we will learn how to use our surroundings, natural light and posing to get a good variety of well lit, flattering portraits.
The topics we cover in this session are:
• Creating mood and a story within our images using the surroundings available.
• Shooting with a bright background i.e. sunsets or with the sun behind your subject
• Body Language and how that affects the narrative of an image
• Expression and how that affects the narrative of an image
• How to work with natural light effectively
• Posing routines - start off simple and build on the technique
• What to avoid when posing your model
• Communicating with your subject as you shoot
• Using Model Release Forms
• Model provided
Course Led by Photography Tutor Gemma Varney
1:30 - 4:30pm on THursday 29th October
Workshop cost: £75
(please note that there is a £1 booking fee, per transaction, online or by phone, or 50p booking fee, per transaction, in person).